Mike Hartner is a father, son, author, patriot, geek (ret), and husband. His love of all things genealogical led him to writing, and writing has now led him to fiction and a large epic saga. He lives in Vancouver, BC with his wife and son. His latest book is the historical romance, I, Walter. Visit his website at www.accidentalauthor.ca.
- Are you a morning writer or a night writer? Night
- Do you outline or are you a pantster? Panster
- Which comes first – plot or character? Character
- Noise or quiet when working on your manuscript? Quiet
- Favorite TV show? Night Court
- Favorite type of music? Classical when writing, Rock when Not
- Favorite craft besides writing? Cooking
- Do you play a musical instrument? N
- Single or married? Married
- Children or no? 1 child
- Pets? Didn’t I just say one child?
- Favorite place to write? Bedroom or office
- Favorite restaurant? Duo’s on Maui
- Do you work outside the home? Only on HOMEwork
- What was the name of the last movie you saw? Top Gun. On video.
- Favorite outdoor activity? Biking
- Pet peeve? People who think they’re above the law
- Your goal in life? To enjoy my family
- Your most exciting moment? Marriage, Son’s Birth, Book’s release
- The love of your life? My wife
About the Book:
This is the life story of Walter Crofter, an English commoner who ran from home at the age of 11. After two years living on the street, he ended up on a Merchant Mariners boat in the service of the Crown.
On his first voyage, he rescued a girl from pirates. A very important girl, who stole his heart before she was returned to her home.
This is the story of his life. What adventures he had at sea; what took him off the waters, and what happened to him as he lived his life and stayed true to his character.
Purchase your copy at AMAZON.